Summary: Plans, directs, and coordinates sales and operations of branches located within West Suburban Bank's South region. Trains, develops, and coaches branch management in all aspects of management, sales, and operations.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the following essential functions.
• Coordinates with senior management to develop, review, and adjust sales goals and initiatives for each branch within an assigned region. Adjust plans when necessary to provide maximum opportunity for success.
• Conducts interviews, screening processes, and hiring of Branch Managers, Assistant Branch Managers and Management Trainees. Actively participates in the selection/interview process for Teller Line Supervisor, Branch Operations Supervisors, and Universal Bankers. Provides guidance to Branch Managers on the selection process of retail branch staff.
• Conducts performance reviews of branch management staff and approves performance appraisals and requests for salary adjustments submitted by branch managers for their retail staff.
• Motivates employees toward successful completion of goals and coaches retail staff with sales skills. Assesses performance of staff with regard to approved goals.
• Accountable for effective use of sales and sales management practices that result in the achievement of expected goals.
• Reports economic and competitive changes within the service area which could influence branch operations and growth to the Director of Retail Banking.
• Coordinates and conducts periodic meetings with management personnel to introduce new products, review operational procedures, and assess performance levels on a regional and branch-by-branch basis.
• Coordinates with management personnel in improving employee/branch performance. Provides coaching/guidance for disciplinary issues when necessary. Visits retail branches frequently to ensure proper functionality and sales achievement.
• Monitors local competition and participates in marketing efforts to ensure the bank’s competitiveness in regional market.
• Resolves escalated customer concerns as needed.
• Frequent local travel is required.
• All other reasonable duties as assigned.
Required Education and Experience:
• Excellent computer skills. Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite;
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills;
• Demonstrated skill in sales, sales management, coaching, and problem solving;
• Minimum of 5 years banking experience including extensive knowledge of bank products, policies, procedures, and services;
• Minimum 5-10 years in a managerial role including the ability to supervise multiple branches, branch managers, supervisors, and employees;
• Extensive knowledge of bank operations, audit and compliance policies and procedures;
• Subject to SAFE Act Registration Requirements;
• Valid driver’s license and satisfactory driving record.
Preferred Education and Experience:
• Bachelor’s degree in a related field.
Requirements for performing Essential Functions:
On the job the employee may physically be required to bend, sit, stand, walk, use finger movements, and/or handle objects (manual dexterity). The position requires good eyesight and hearing, and frequent operation of a motorized vehicle. On the job the employee must mentally be able to read/comprehend, write, perform calculations, communicate orally, reason, and analyze.