Summary: Assesses and analyzes business processes for operational effectiveness. Identifies, designs, builds and implements process improvement solutions. Serves as a liaison between assigned business unit and IT, providing in-depth knowledge of the functional capabilities of specific software applications and a functional understanding of the user environment.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the following essential functions.
• Performs needs assessment for process improvement initiatives within assigned business unit(s). Identifies gaps in operational effectiveness and determines root cause.
• Proposes solutions in the form of redesigned business processes or implementation of new software. Documents business requirements and prepares gap and impact analysis.
• Formulates plan by outlining steps required to develop an integrated solution using structured analysis and design. Submits plans for approval to management and requesting business unit. Validates the proposed solution against the client’s needs, goals, objectives, and expectations.
• Collaborates with business unit and other stakeholders to design business processes and ensure proposed solutions adequately support the goals of the business unit and integrate with impacted work groups.
• Acts as a liaison between the business unit and IT staff to identify system requirements and clarify business unit integration objectives. Creates detailed documentation for subsequent development and implementation by the bank and its vendors.
• Responsible for the creation of technical reference documentation, flowcharts, integration dependencies, etc. for assigned software application and/or a project.
• Creates thorough functional and regression test plans for new software and/or business processes. Participates in and oversees system testing to validate delivered functionality meets the business objectives.
• Identifies problems in testing, analyzes solutions, and assists the business unit in selecting the best alternative.
• Point of contact to resolve and troubleshoot various production issues that arise under their administrative realm.
• Maintains an understanding of assigned bank systems and how they relate to each other and their dependencies.
• Responsible for understanding and maintaining software configuration settings for assigned systems.
• Participates on project teams related to new product development and implementation and new banking software upgrades or migrations. Assesses impact of projects on assigned business unit(s).
• Collaborates with the Compliance Department to ensure operational changes follow the bank’s Compliance Management System, as well as the bank’s Change Management System.
• Develop dashboards and reporting tools to support business units in their reporting and monitoring functions as well as strategic planning activities.
• All other reasonable duties as assigned.
Required Education and Experience:
• Bachelor’s degree with a concentration in MIS or similar discipline, or equivalent work experience;
• Minimum 5 years of business/systems analyst or process improvement experience with emphasis on financial systems;
• Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite including MS Visio;
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills, including strong technical writing ability;
• Strong time management and multi-tasking skills;
• Strong analytical and problem solving skills;
• Working knowledge of banking operations.
Preferred Education and Experience:
• Working knowledge of MS SharePoint, Cognos Viewpoint, SQL Analysis and Reporting Services, Visual Basic Scripting.
• Technical experience with Fiserv’s Banking software.
Requirements for performing Essential Functions:
On the job the employee may physically be required to bend, sit, push/pull, use finger movements, handle objects (manual dexterity), reach above shoulder level, and carry/lift loads up to 25 lbs. On the job the employee must mentally be able to read/comprehend, write, perform calculations, communicate orally, reason, and analyze.