Summary: Responsible for the analysis, architectural design, development and deployment of SharePoint solutions. Provides application security standards, capacity planning, governance, system upgrades and tuning as well as providing 2nd level support on an as needed basis.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the following essential functions.
• Manages site collection features, security, content types, search and other SharePoint out-of-the-box functionalities.
• Implement SharePoint lists, libraries, web parts, workflows, sites/sub-sites, and SharePoint applications, as assigned.
• Migrates and/or restructures existing SharePoint sites into newer versions.
• Oversees and participates in the architectural design, development, customization and integration efforts of solutions involving collaboration portals, content management, business process automation, systems integration and business intelligence workflow / business process management.
• Establishes application security standards, capacity planning, governance, and system tuning.
• Configures SharePoint Services and settings.
• Documents SharePoint configuration and architecture.
• Designs and develops web parts and integration components.
• Perform daily monitoring and troubleshooting of the platform components.
• Installs and configures patches and upgrades to the SharePoint infrastructure.
• Qualify, install and maintain any related Plug-in, Feature, Web Part, Template or Solution, including 3rd party software or applications.
• Partners with IT staff, content owners and project stakeholders on the intranet platform to identify opportunities for improvement and implementation of solutions that drive usage, streamline processes and facilitate communications.
• Play a key role in maintaining, enhancing and upgrading the SharePoint application as well as implementing and supporting new technology.
• Researches, evaluates and provides input on new software products and researches, evaluates and recommends enhancements to current applications programs, systems and methods of operating.
• Perform front and back-end SharePoint design and development activities, as assigned.
• All other reasonable duties as assigned.
Required Education and Experience:
• Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Information Systems or related coursework;
• 3 years of experience working as a SharePoint Administrator;
• Farm Administration experience with SharePoint;
• Experience working with core Microsoft technologies including SQL Server and IIS;
• Excellent written, oral, interpersonal, and presentational skills;
• Excellent analytical and problem-solving abilities.
Preferred Education and Experience:
• SharePoint coursework, certification a plus;
• Experience with SDLC and Change Management;
• Experience with SQL SSRS reporting services;
Requirements for performing Essential Functions:
On the job the employee may physically be required to bend, sit, walk, use finger movements, and handle objects (manual dexterity). On the job the employee must mentally be able to read/comprehend, write, perform calculations, communicate orally, reason, and analyze.