This is a non-exempt/hourly position. Non-exempt employees categorized as Full Time generally work 37.5 hours per week.
Summary: Conducts classroom training and orientation for new hires. Updates and/or creates training and resource materials as assigned. Assists the Employee Development Supervisor in evaluating training effectiveness.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the following essential functions.
• Conducts classroom training covering new employee orientation and general Retail Banking policies and procedures. Utilizes a variety of instructional techniques and formats, such as: role play, simulations, team exercises, group discussions, videos and lectures.
• Supervises trainees for the duration of training, which includes monitoring and documenting attendance, behavior and student progress. Provides coaching and developmental feedback, and reports the trainee's progress to the appropriate manager during and following training sessions.
• Determines employee’s pass/fail status in training programs and evaluates trainee’s potential for long-term success.
• Assists in the research, preparation, and design of training and resource materials. Provides follow up information and feedback. Maintains current training manuals.
• Assists the Employee Development Supervisor in evaluating training effectiveness by assessing application of learning to job performance through survey and observation.
• Provides training support for product development and implementation.
• Maintains knowledge of areas of instruction with periodic involvement in branches or departments. Coordinates with supervisors and peers to accomplish team and bank goals.
• Attends seminars for knowledge advancement and to update current information.
• Frequent local travel is required.
• All other reasonable duties as assigned.
Required Education and Experience:
• Strong computer skills. Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite;
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills, including group facilitation and presentation skills;
• Minimum of 1 year banking or other relevant experience
• Ability to recognize opportunities to develop and/or enhance training
• Valid driver’s license and satisfactory driving record
Preferred Education and Experience:
• Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience
Requirements for performing Essential Functions:
On the job, the employee may physically be required to bend, sit, use finger movements, and/or handle objects (manual dexterity). The position requires good eyesight and hearing, and frequent operation of a motorized vehicle. On the job the employee must mentally be able to read/comprehend, write, perform calculations, communicate orally, reason, analyze, and multi-task.