Summary: Manages the Commercial Relationship staff and related functions including customer service and sales support related to commercial loan, deposit, cash management service, and account operation functions. Ensures loan documentation and department operations are in accordance with established policies, procedures, and regulatory requirements.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the following essential functions.
• Manages Commercial Relationship staff in the area of hiring, training, payroll, progressive discipline, performance appraisal, and performance development of staff.
• Provides leadership and support to Commercial Relationship staff, problem resolution, training and coaching, and ensuring timely execution of tasks. Ensures customer service is delivered professionally and efficiently, and customer inquiries are resolved promptly.
• Oversees and directs the workflow of daily functions of Commercial Relationship team. Analyzes operational effectiveness and identifies process improvements.
• Establishes and implements policies and procedures and ensures compliance with applicable laws and regulations. Evaluates regulatory changes and how it affects the department and provides related feedback and/or training.
• Maintains relationships with key commercial banking clients; providing outstanding customer service and support related to commercial loan, deposit, cash management service, and account operation functions.
• Researches & resolves escalated or complex customer issues and requests, including syndications, construction deals, buyouts, and acquisitions.
• Conducts customer courtesy calls for the purpose of relationship building and identifying cross-sell opportunities. Supports Commercial Loan Officers with loan closings and the subsequent monitoring, which includes managing both credit and collateral exceptions.
• Coordinates loan documentation process between lenders and commercial loan operations; reviews documentation for compliance with underwriting guidelines and policies. Responsible for maintaining a broad knowledge base on documentation, and obtains necessary outside counsel on document packages.
• Occasional local travel is required.
• All other reasonable duties as assigned.
Required Education and Experience:
• Strong computer skills. Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite;
• Strong verbal and written communication skills;
• Exceptional relationship building and customer service skills;
• 5 years’ experience in Commercial Loan Administration. Familiarity with various lending dynamics, including commercial, commercial real estate, and participations;
• 2 years’ of experience in underwriting and/or loan origination. Extensive knowledge of loan documentation and underwriting guidelines;
• 2 years’ supervisory or management experience;
• Bachelor’s degree in a related area or equivalent work experience.
Requirements for performing Essential Functions:
On the job the employee may physically be required to kneel, bend, sit, stand, walk, reach above shoulder level, use finger movements, and/or handle objects (manual dexterity). On the job the employee must mentally be able to read/comprehend, write, perform calculations, communicate orally, reason, and analyze.